This recipe was insane easy, and absolutely declicious! My favorite meal is taco salad, so to find a paleo version of this dish was amazing! I’ve been experimenting with everything plantain lately, expect to see more recipes soon! These two recipes were adapted from PaleOMG; I love all her recipes, and her blog in general.
1 pound ground beef
3 garlic cloves, minced
½ yellow onion, diced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon cumin
½ cayenne pepper
1 (14 ounce) can of diced tomatoes
1 (4 ounce) can of diced green chiles
green onions, to garnish
juice of 1 lime
salt and pepper, to taste
- Place ground beef in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Once beef has browned half way through, add onions and minced garlic.
- When beef has almost cooked through, add oregano, cumin, some salt and pepper, cayenne pepper, tomatoes, and green chiles. Mix well.
- Lower heat, squeeze lime on top and mix.
- Top with guacamole.
Tomatillo Coconut Guacamole
2 tomatillos, husked and chopped
2 avocados, mashed
2 tablespoons white onion, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
½ jalapeno, minced
¼ cup minced cilantro
juice of ½ lime
½ teaspoon granulated garlic
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
salt, to taste
2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- Place chopped tomatillos in small blender and blend until smooth.
- Mix all ingredients for the guacamole along with the pureed tomatillos in a large bowl until smooth.
- Serve with plantain chips, or on top a mexican bowl.